Your privacy is important to AdProfs Inc. This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that AdProfs Inc. collects, and the ways in which AdProfs Inc. uses that personal information.
Personal Information Collection
AdProfs Inc. may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- At Adprofs.co, if you sign up to receive the free weekly newsletter, you provide your name and email address. That is the only information we have for you and all we need to operate the Adprofs.co (“Website”) or the AdProfs Newsletter (“Newsletter”); we do not collect any information on other visitors to the website;
- We use third third-party vendors, identified below, to help with delivery of the newsletter and processing of your payment. We never see your full credit card number, which is handled through Stripe;
- If you participate in the AdProfs Forum, you will create additional user-generated content, which is used for the AdProfs Forum only.
Legal Basis for Collection of Information
AdProfs asserts the following legal grounds for the collection of data:
Explicit Consent — When you sign up for the newsletter (either free or paid) or any other account at Adprofs.co, you provide explicit consent for AdProfs Inc. to collect the above listed personal information.
Contract — If you enter an agreement with Adprofs.co for the provision of services in exchange for payment, Adprofs.co will be required to collect the above listed personal information.
Legitimate Interests — Finally, Adprofs.co may have additional legitimate interests, including account maintenance and administrative purposes, for the collection of the above listed personal information.
Using Personal Information
AdProfs Inc. may use your personal information to:
- administer Adprofs.co and/or the AdProfs newsletter;
- personalize the website for you by displaying your name or changing the appearance of the website according to your settings if you log in;
- enable your access to and use of the website services;
- send to you the newsletter and account-related email;
- send to you statements and invoices;
- collect payments from you; and
- send you marketing communications.
Where AdProfs Inc. discloses your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors for these purposes, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement. Except for the third-party vendors that collect your data separately when you sign up and pay, AdProfs has never shared any of its user data with any third parties.
AdProfs Inc. uses the following data processors with respect to the personal information collected:
Data Retention Policy
Securing Your Data
AdProfs Inc. will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. If AdProfs Inc. stores any of your data, it will do so on secure servers.
Be advised that AdProfs does not monitor AdProfs Forum posts for disclosure of any personal information you may post in any user-generated content. The forum software (Discourse) includes tools allowing you to edit or delete your posts. If you need assistance, you may contact AdProfs Inc. with the contact information below.
Cross-border Data Transfers
In addition, personal information that you post to the AdProfs Forum will be published on the internet and may be available around the world.
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to register with the Website or Newsletter. If you are under 18, please do not send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 18 is allowed to provide any personal information to or on AdProfs Inc.. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Notice
(1) AdProfs Inc. does not track users, who interact with its website across the web, and therefore does not use “do not track” signals.
(2) AdProfs Inc. does not authorize the collection of personally identifiable information from users on any AdProfs Inc. website for third party use through advertising technologies.
AdProfs seeks to fully comply with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Pursuant to this regulation, you have the following rights on this website:
- Right to be forgotten: You may cancel your account at any time. If you wish your data to be permanently deleted, you may contact us at email@example.com and it will be deleted within 72 hours.
- Right to object: We have never performed any data science projects on user data and do not anticipate doing so in the future. If, at some point in the future we determine a use for any sort of data science project on our user data, we will notify you in writing before doing so. In that event you may remove your contact data from any such project by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Opt Out of Data Science”.
- Right to access and rectification: You can contact us at email@example.com at any time to access copies of all user data we retain for you. We will remove, update, or change any personal information about you from our servers immediately upon your request.
- Right of portability: We only retain your name and email address. Nevertheless, we will provide that information to you upon your request.
Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, if located in the European Union, you shall have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement if you consider that the processing of personal data relating to you infringes the GDPR.
In addition to the above, an “unsubscribe” option is automatically included in the footer of every newsletter sent from the AdProfs. This allows you to easily unsubscribe from the newsletter. In the event you unsubscribe, we will immediately stop sending you the newsletter. Please note that unsubscribing from the newsletter with the newsletter’s “unsubscribe” button does not cancel your account with AdProfs Inc. In order to do so, please log in at Adprofs.co and cancel your account.
Updating This Statement
Adprofs.co and the newsletter contains links to other websites and embedded links to other content on the Internet, such as tweets and YouTube videos. AdProfs Inc. is not responsible for the contents of those third party websites or responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
Contact AdProfs Inc.
by email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or
by post to 110 Cumberland Street, Suite 410, Toronto, ON M5R 3V5 Canada
Updated December 27, 2018